Later this month, the federal government will add to its lists of employment-destroying public policies that have appeared or enlarged since mid-2008:
- minimum wage hike
- means-tested mortgage modification
- mean-tested student loan modification
- unemployment insurance extensions
- state income tax hikes,
- IRS means-tested enforcement of prior tax debts
- marginal federal tax rate hikes on the "rich"!
How long will this list get before more economists recognize that government has done more harm than good during this recession?