Friday, August 19, 2016
Friday, July 22, 2016
Friday, July 8, 2016
Background to these observations
“next to bombing, rent control seems in many cases to be the most efficient technique so far known for destroying cities.” Assar Lindbeck
(1971, p. 39)
Health and Healthcare
A bit of interpretation
A Third-World Benchmark?
Blame the Embargo?
Thursday, May 19, 2016
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- The New York Times published a story Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump Behaved With Women in Private, which
- mentions "Trump" over 100 times
- cites a number of examples over five decades (including high school) where Donald Trump or his father appears to be "crossing the line"
- reports that the Trump Organization was a construction-industry leader when it came to promoting women into the upper ranks of management, and that Donald Trump was taking such actions over the objections of his father.
- free advertising for Trump
- discredit the New York Times, at least when it comes to accusations against Trump, and perhaps even making it look like the daily screed for the Democratic Party
- put future accusers (if any) on the defensive
- give the campaign an authority to (selectively) cite on how Mr. Trump had taken personal risks in order to be a pioneer at promoting women in business.
Update: Professor Paglia says "Can there be any finer demonstration of the insularity and mediocrity of today’s Manhattan prestige media? ...Blame for this fiasco falls squarely upon the New York Times editors...."
She is probably correct, but might entertain the idea that Mr. Trump is far more clever than the press.